Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ear infection

This past weekend mommy and Kayla went to Knoxville to visit Grandma and Grandpa and go to mommy's godson's (Asher) first communion.  We had a great weekend and enjoyed seeing everyone.  Mommy even squeezed in some time to help Grandma with her upcoming garage sale.  She also got to visit Diana and found out she is pregnant too!  Due in December, yea!!

But, when we came home from Knoxville, I didn't sleep through the night.  Mommy thought it was because daddy moved me to my new room, although kept my bed as a toddler bed (to set up as a full bed in a couple weeks).  And I was just adjusting.  But, then I started running a fever, although I still played well and was happy during the day.  By today mommy decided she better get it checked out and it was a good thing.  I had a terrible ear infection!  The visit was absolutely pitiful.  The doctor checked everything out, while I screamed the whole time.  And on my ears, she couldn't see in my right ear.  She tried to scrape out the blockage to no avail.  So, the nurses had to come in and irrigate.  They wrapped me in a towel, to keep my arms trapped and then squirted water in my ear.  I was probably more scared than in pain, but I still screamed the whole time.  It was a successful irrigation, as a huge hunk of infection came out. The doctor then came back in and looked in my ear where she could confirm the terrible infection.  Since it had been all day since I had any fever reducing medicine, the nurses tried to give me motrin.  After the second squirt in my mouth, as I was still screaming, I threw up everywhere.  I was so pitiful.  The nurse brought me in a wand to try to make me feel better, but I wouldn't take it.  The doctor called in my prescription and we finally left.  That's when I finally calmed down.  Mommy and I stopped at the pharmacy on the way home to get my prescription.  Once home, she wanted to get the medicine in my as soon as possible.  When she started to, I started crying again.  She got the prescription medicine down, which she thinks is my way of saying I don't like the taste, and then tried the motrin again (as the doctor asked she do).  Again, after the second try, I threw up everywhere.... Oh, what a bad day this has turned into!  Mommy and I then had a good cry and she was finally able to get the medicine in me.  I sure hope it starts working soon - and works!!

No comments: